- OdrA is a knee orthosis that applies a distraction / rotation effect. As a result, the OdrA relieves the pain due to medial knee compartment osteoarthritis.
- The combined action of 2 joints lowers the pressure in the medial knee compartment :
- Medial joint : increases the distance between upper and lower bands when the leg is extended and leads to a distraction effect between the femur and tibia.
- Lateral joint : shifts back the articular center and causes and outward rotation of the foot. This leads to a decrease of the second peak of the adduction moment during gait.
- Dynamic orthosis : it only works when knee is full extended and weight bearing.
- Custom-built with casting done by an orthotist.
- Very light and compact-sized : less than 500g on average.
- Patients who suffers from medial knee compartment osteoarthritis, for a pain which is higher the 40 using the Visual Analogue Scale.
- Patients waiting for knee surgery or who cannot undergo surgery.
- Patients looking for an alternative to drug therapies.
- Patients look for more stability.
- Patients suffering from superficial venous problems.
- Patients whose lateral knee compartment is more affected the the treated medial compartment.
- Patient with pronounced knee hyperextension.
- Medial and lateral joints with tracing template and protective covers
- Lower band
- Lining (3D fabrics, copolymer, band...)